View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 12:07 PM

Please excuse my ignorance of saltwater ocean gear; but if you mean the ones with small holes in them that trail bubbles, yes, I have tried them

Here's what I made up. I took two silver metal head (with the holes) that were attached to green "skirts". The line runs through the center of the lure. I ran the line through the center and attached it to the nose of a green artificial eel with two hooks embedded from the manufacture (bought at Bass Pro). The eel slid right up into the skirt and it looked really good.

I wondered if the "bubble trail" would attract rockfish better than our normal parachute lures:roll eyes:

I then attached two of these on opposing arms of a large umbrella on my deep "hip rod". My other hip rod ran the regular parachute. I caught less fish on the eel rod (but a few). Not only did it catch less fish, I felt the hooks weren't as stout as the parachute with a stinger.

That experiment didn't work out well As I keep telling everyone, have fun with your spread, try something new, you might find the next super lure for rock
5th