View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:09 PM

I know at the Essex chapter, to which I belong, you do not even have to be an MSSA member to attend the meeting and I think that is true of all the chapters. They usually have some good speakers.

I was at one of the C&R meetings and if I remember correctly and please correct me if I am wrong, the MSSA representative, Bill Windley, voted against the restrictions on catch and release.

He even warned that once restrictions are in place they are very hard to remove and that was one of the reasons he voted against those measures.

I think the MSSA later changed their position, and chose to support the restrictions the DNR has now put forward as a compromise to prevent the harsher restrictions that were originally proposed.

I did renew my membership at the boat show Saturday for the 10 dollar show special, and with them now following the CCA's lead issuing email alerts so we can contact our representatives when things like SB37 come up is a step in the right direction for our voices to be heard.

I may not agree with them all of the time, but if you do not belong you have no shot at influencing their position.