View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
I will say that I thought it was great that the CCA and MSSA worked together a lot on the C&R issue. I hope it is a door for working together in the future. CCA stood strong on ensuring that there were no day closures. I was disappointed to hear they endorsed a proposal that would have all but ended trolling with a one rod per person regulation but they did oppose the intial SFAC proposal and stood fast against day closures. I appreciate their stance regarding the support of keeping catch and release fishing open.
I think Dave S. of the CCA did say that he agreed to support the CBF compromise at the meeting at Bateman's, but it was never voted on. I took that as a personal opinion and not a CCA position, but I don't know how it would've come out if put to a vote.

Either way, I agree it is a good base to build on for the organizations working together. All those successful yellow perch fishing reports we've been hearing is proof that the voices of recreational fisherman's organizations are being heard with amazing results.

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"