View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Baldzilla

Wish I could make the seminar, but I'll be chasing big cats in the Missouri river tomorrow afternoon!!! (probably fruitless but who cares)

It's all a matter of opinion. I have always seen the desire to perfect a trolling spread and make it work and have learned a lot from a few guys here and there...and it's more relaxing just sitting there driving a boat waiting for a fish to bite...but I have caught way more fish LTJ since I picked it up about a year ago, and much bigger fish. I've consistently caught more fish over 30" in the summer and early fall and WAY more fish over 40" than I ever did trolling and I hold my own trolling pretty well....

something to be said about feeling that tick, tick on the BKD and having to set the hook and feel that rod bend double!!! IMHO nothing more satisfying than a big LTJ fish, and even the smaller ones caught on the broomsticks when the tony's are being trolled put up a helluva fight on light tackle, making a normally boring fish to catch WAY more fun! Even better when it's a tuna, mahi, etc on LT!!!!

Just one feller's opinion...but you'll still see me rolling out there with my 6 rod barbless spread a few times!!!

Last edited by Baldzilla; 02-02-2010 at 10:39 PM.