View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 PM

I like what ever is biting at the time. I agree with powerplay in that any time on the water is all good.

In spring, like most, I like trolling for trophy rock. In summer, I like chumming and live lining for rock. I’m liking LTJ more and more the better I get at it; I’ve made a lot of progress, but I have a long way to go.

Fall rockfishing is relatively new to me, and last year just blew me away. I like bottom fishing for whatever is biting, especially croakers. The first mate wants to target flounder more, and after sampling some hours old fillets last year with our first keeper, I can’t argue with that one iota.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Night Nurse about the summer breakers in the evenings, which totally reminds me of my childhood.

We enjoy alternating years between Cape Cod and the Outer Banks. Last summer, we got into some excellent slammer blues out of Hyannis, and we just made our reservations for the OBX and some hopeful encounters with tuna and redfish.

When the bay is all bumped up, and sometimes not, I enjoy freshwater fishing for LM bass, bluegills, and crappie. I like the backwater of the Chesapeake, especially the Magothy. I cut my eye teeth targeting channel cats at Great Falls and later the tidal Potomac for channels and, more recently, trophy blue cats.