View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapshoot View Post
I am probably gona here aot of S@@@ about this but here is my thought.

With all the bad that goes on in this world I wonder why so many ppl worry about spot burning. I just dont understand the selfishness wanting to keep it all to them self. You might want to understand the feeling that you get when you help others. Look at Wish a Fish. What if they took the position of not taking individuals to fish. I take people fishing and all I care is about their excitment and trying to make a rememberable trip for them. when they catch the fish it gives me a better feeling that if I caught it.

So if you dont want to share then dont, but understand that you all use information from the ones that do share. And honestly does it make that much of a difference in the big scheme of things.

My 2 cents

Vince
Vince,
Your point is well taken, and with all that is going on in the world, no one probably should be concerned about it, but they are. They always were, and always will be. Comparing wish a fish to a spot during mid winter that a few people fish isn't comparing apples to apples. Last year, if you did wish a fish, then you heard me on the radio, had my family on a group of fish that were catching doubles the entire time and I gave out coordinates and asked everyone to come in...
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ENTITIES

but I do understand your point. We have soldiers dying overseas and we are concerned about spot burning, but you aren't going to change that. In that mindset, who cares about catch and release vs catch and kill, who cares if they shut down fishing forever, who cares your car broke down, who cares we got 40 inches of snow...but on the topic of fishing, it is an important issue, and doesn't make a difference in the grand scheme, but fishing itself is a small scheme issue, hence the issue.

No one on this board should give you crap, which is why we went to this board. You should, and can express your opinion which is why I posted this topic in the first place. Your opinion is valid and well taken
Mark