Thread: Fishing Reports
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 07:09 PM

Bug Guy; good points. First, let me say I like posting on this board primarily because I'm not pissed at the owner (moderator).
I too have been wondering if we are playing into the hands of the "opposition" by not posting. However, at the same time, I don't want to give the "opposition" any more ammunition. Photo's have been picked apart on the TF board. You have to watch how you hold fish (vertically or horizonal). Where are your hands (on the egg sack or behind). What your wearing when you hold them ( naked wet hands vs gloves). If you have lures visable in the background they too are scrutinized (are there stingers in your lures).
Additionally; I know the charter captains use our reports to "follow the fish" so they stay aware of productive areas. By no means do I mean to imply that captains NEED rec's to show them where to fish. They have a group of their own that shares info, and they spend lots more time on the water than most rec's. But, like us, they can gleen info from our reports. When you multiply the number of rec's posting, there is a lot of info we put out there. There are captains that I would proudly share info with (Wayne Morgan, Steve Goings, Chuck Fisher, Charlie Richert) are just a few off the top of my head. But; there are many I wouldn't want to share info with.
I too suspect that after April 17th, the posts with photo's will reappear. In the meantime, I'll rely on my group of friends to share info. I feel like I'm not holding up my end of the bargin because I haven't been out except for one jigging trip (thanks Baldy) and one trolling trip (thanks Keith). But that is about to change.
5th (Marty)