View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 08:35 PM

Greg; it was good talking to you this morning. We had a friends boat for his shakedown cruise and although the boat ran well; we only picked up one fish all morning. It would be one thing if we were seeing bait and fish on the screen, and we weren't catching them; but we are not seeing bait or fish in any significant numbers. Last year there was so much bait your lines would quiver as they went through, occasionally you would snag an alwive and you would have to clear it from the spread. But not this year (north of Bloody). It's like trolling in your neighbors pool.
I'm beyond concerned; I'm worried. The water temperature is around 57 degrees, so it's not too cold. The water is not full of silt and debris; so it's not dirty water. Perhaps the salinity, is way off because of the snow and rain this spring? I can't figure what's keeping the bait south.
If there is a bad YOY nuimber this year, they won't be able to blame it on C/R season. There are less boats out than I've seen the last three years. I hope they did a flyover this spring and saw how few boats were out.
With less than 1% mortality, I know I haven't put a hurt on the population this season, hell I'm not even "educating" fish.
5th (Marty)