View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 07:18 AM

Well Team Backyard Custom Rods had a rough time out there. I had a new crew with me this year and it was Capt. Rick Fogle, Dave Lakin and Teddy Blank. These guys have been fishing together for a long time and Rick has been fishing down there for over 40 years so he knew of a couple of spots. The crew I had won the tournament 2 years ago and placed in the top 15 the last 5. Friday we got on the water at 0630 only to find the winds blowing 100MPH and rain and the water was dirty. We did catch 4 fish but all of them where throw back. We loaded the boat back on the trailer at 2:00 and check on Follies Creek but when we got there the water was just a dirty as Wachapreague so we just called it a day.

Saturday we were told to check out 4 mile so off we went. The wind was blowing some and we had some good drifts. We caught 4 fish on the first 5 drifts but all of them were throw backs. After Tim and crew left we check out some spots that Rick wanted to check and although it was good clean water we never caught a fish. Jack called and said they were on some fish above the 175 bridge so off we went only to have the wind pick up and we did not make it there. I had a 66 year old guy on the boat and he was getting bounced around a lot and also getting wet so we went to another spot that Rick wanted to check. We did pick up 3 fish at that spot but again all throw backs. Jack called again and said the winds are lying down so I told Rick we are going no matter what, so off we headed to the bridge and this time we made it. Brian told us were to start drifting and I’ll be damn we started to catch some fish but nothing over 18”. I finally caught a fish but Rick said it was yawing and the hooks just happen to be going over his mouth and I happen to catch it. Dave then caught our first keeper but it was on the last drift of the day and it was 19 ˝ so we did one keeper. Between Rick, Dave and Teddy they caught about 20 fish but like I said we only had 1 keeper.

It was good seeing all the guys out on the water and Rob (Terp) was giving me sh## for fishing “HIS” waters. I had a great time and was with good friends and I hope to catch something next year… Sorry to hijack your report B but needed to tell my story…..GO CAPS
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com