View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
Since the moratorium was lifted the rec harvest has increased 700 %. The commercial harvest has increased about 25%. It all in black and white on the ASMFC website, all you have to do is look it up. The data you have read comes out of a magazine, read it from the horses mouth.

Sure they would be taking from some of the fish that come in the bay, but aren't the rec's doing that now? My understanding is they don't want the quota increased, they just want a bigger share of what is being caught.

Fish Nut said. "The question is why would they want to increase the quota. It is my understating that they have not reached there max quota in years."

Read the info on the ASMFC site, your understanding is not correct.
I will read the site, I assure you of that. But you are talking 700% since the moratorium, when the harvest was.....0???? I am sure you are right, the data I am looking at, yes from a Magazine shows a decline in Rec harvest and discards and increase in Commercial Harvest and discards in the LAST 3 YEARS!!! I read, yes from a magazine, that the data above was presented at ASMFC. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get to the bottom of it..

Believe me, I am not anti comm at all..but I am for common sense to be applied.

and yes, I agree with Dennis said Recs need to stand up and come out, I agree...but if last winter during the C&R was any indication, I doubt that it will happen....most will just sit here and *****...I'll be at all that I can make for sure..