View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldzilla View Post
I will read the site, I assure you of that. But you are talking 700% since the moratorium, when the harvest was.....0???? I am sure you are right, the data I am looking at, yes from a Magazine shows a decline in Rec harvest and discards and increase in Commercial Harvest and discards in the LAST 3 YEARS!!! I read, yes from a magazine, that the data above was presented at ASMFC. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get to the bottom of it..

Believe me, I am not anti comm at all..but I am for common sense to be applied.

and yes, I agree with Dennis said Recs need to stand up and come out, I agree...but if last winter during the C&R was any indication, I doubt that it will happen....most will just sit here and *****...I'll be at all that I can make for sure..
Here's some applied common sense.
#1 We have been in a recession for the last 3 years. Recs don't have the money to fish. Charters are off because of it, tackle sales are down. Boat sales are in the toilet. Surprise, surprise the rec catch is off.

#2 Commercial Ocean Striped Bass harvesting has a quota (unlike the recs),
the harvest can only go up to the quota. If it is exceeded, the overage comes off the next year.