View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:22 PM

I didnt say it was ok to break the law. note the edit I made before you posted in order to make my points clear. I was noting that there is an increase in demand for the fish recreationally and the authorities recognize it and the economic impact or they wouldnt let it go on like they do.

I do think they would be better off opening the EEZ and managing the fishery through creel limits or size limits. My bet is if they opened the EEZ and adjusted the creel or size that more of the the fish harvested would be better accounted for and the economic and social benefits would realized. I also think it would work for easier and more cost effective enforcement too as the creels and size limits could be checked at access points instead of attempting to cover a lot of open ocean.

The EEZ talk is irrelevant to this discussion as there is no good justification for increasing the commercial coastal quota, especially at the expense of recreational access and opportunity... If there is, state it and show us where I am misguided.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 06-05-2010 at 08:22 PM.