View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Not much of a fishing report. Today was my wifes birthday so she took off work and we went kayaking on the Eastern Shore. We went to the end of Kent Island and the Romankoke fishing pier. They have a small beach capable of launching the yaks. We headed east and paddled into "No Name Cove". As we paddled; I couldn'r get over the clearness of the water. We could actually see the wave lines on the sand three feet beneath us. There was a ton of grass in the cove, and we just glided over the grass watching the fish and crabs scoot under the kayaks. The wife said it reminded her of Florida's glass bottom boats.
After yaking we changed into some better clothes back at the park and headed to the "Narrows" resturant for some dinner.
5th (Marty)
Happy Birthday to your wife Marty. I grew up in Romancoke on Allegheny Rd. and remember walking the water off the beach through the grass and getting a bushel of crabs in an hour. That was 50 years ago. Glad to see the grass coming back and life amoungst it. Our house was right down the street from Night Nurses parents house. Kent Island was a sleepy little town back then. Great memories. Thanks for sharing your day!..........Gary