Thread: Kids & Fishing
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 02:43 PM

Cool thread. My kids have been on the boat since they were born. My daughters are prone to getting sick but my son has fished with me since he was very young. Many days he didnt fish himself but just wanted to be on board. Main thing is to make sure they are comfortable for the weather conditions. Keep them warm when it is cold and dont have them out in the hot summer heat with a life jacket on in the middle of summer.

my son's favorite fishing is live lining as I think he loves to fill the livewell with spot and then reel in rockfish caught on the spot he caught. However he just loves fishing. He is quite good at verticle jigging stingsilvers off the bottom. Trolling is also a blast for him when we are catching. He has landed his personal best this way and always talks breaking his best. Last fall he learned more about setting lines with a planerboard spread so he cannot wait for spring. (Thanks for your patience and time Don ) Chumming is his least favorite fishing, unless the action is hot of course.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 01-13-2011 at 02:45 PM.