View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 08:11 AM

Reds, I will keep you in suspense in regards to who sent the email because I have no obligation to share it with you and think it is more fun to not do so... Lets just say it is from a person with the term "Manager" in their title at SHA. I will gladly share the email with anyone who has or is interested in purchasing a 27 Chesapeake. (the 27cc is 102")..

Anyhow, I will help spell things out clearly

definition of Exclusive is omitting from consideration or account.

Law states:

Quote:
The width of a vehicle includes any load that it carries, but is exclusive of safety and energy conservation devices,
Law also states:
Quote:
Except for side mirrors, no other safety or energy conservation device shall extend more than 3 inches on each side of the vehicle.
here is the math:

3"+3"=6"

8'6"+6"= 9'

9'>8'10"

> is the "greater than" sign

Being that the law states:
Quote:
The maximum vehicle or vehicle combination width limit in Maryland is 102 inches (8 feet 6 inches).
Dont let short term memory get to you as it is exclusive of safety devices or even other factory bolt-on items through this example in the law

Quote:
The width of a motor home or travel trailer shall be exclusive of retractable awnings installed by the vehicle manufacturer or dealer, provided that the awnings do no extend more than 6 inches from each side of the vehicle.
Therefore, since 8'6"+6"= 9', 9'>8'10", and the Judge 27 Chesapeake has a stated 8'10" beam that includes its safety bumper, the boat is legally trailerable on Maryland roadways, with the exception of where posted otherwise.

Between the email and the law.... I would love to be stopped and challenged.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 02-07-2011 at 12:12 PM.