View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 02:10 PM

Post Sunday 7/11/2010 Report

Spent about 5 hours out on Sunday...Was a beautiful day...Lots of boats were hugging the pilings on both the east and west sides of the Bay Bridge....
Did not see many people getting much on the boat...There were a lot of minnows in the water, swimming the surface....Not as many rays in the water as there have been over the last couple of weeks...Water is still very, very clear and very warm...Think the rain Saturday and last night were very good for regulating some of the salinity levels that seem to be trending high....O2 levels still look very good as well...

With that said I was able to get a few blue fish on the boat (nothing of size) with storm shads and bkd's or at least what was left of those lures when they were done....Had chum in the water and was dead lining squid and clams as well....Guess they were hungry....

Got a small spanish mac by shear luck....

Also picked up something very peculiar....Caught a 14" menhaden on a 5 inch chartruese swim shad...I have not caught one of that size before...Have any of you ?

Left the bridge after a couple hours with no stripers and headed back up to the Belvedere area....Caugh some perch on sea clams and had some nice sized hard heads hit the squid I was bottom fishing with....

Have to say pound for pound croakers may be the most fun to catch in the bay....They fight so hard and are really a joy to bring in....

Still not doing well any where I have tried with the rock...Talked to a number of people at my marina and almost all are saying the say thing....Tons of bait in the water but not many rock...hopefully that will change over the next week or so....

Hope to hear how all of you are doing as well....

Mike