View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 04:50 PM

Default 4/21 Patent Pending

Well; I said I wasn't going to be able to post as often due to our busy schedule. But here I am already.

Only posting for two reasons. First, we were done early today. And second, to thank a CBAngler who helped us to finish early.

We left the pier around 6:30 (the party was a little late arriving). Ran just outside of Deale and saw bait in 35 ft of water. Started setting lines and bingo, fish on before I had one side set. The second fish hit minutes later. Whew, a good start. However, the next two fish were undersized by a couple inches.

Hard to swing back through with all the boat traffic, so we went looking for another pod of fish. Success came fairly quickly, so 4 in the box.

Around 9 am things slowed. I kept wanting to check a side, but didn't want lines out of the water.

Ring,Ring; off went my phone. Mark (Mlag) had found a good pod of fish (when doesn't he???). We weren't far away, so we swung over to his "hot spot". The final 2 fish went in the box in 20 minutes.

With a cooler full of fish by 10:30, we started fixing lunch for the party. Capt. John fixes crabcakes, potato salad, cole slaw, corn bread, and apple pie for the fishermen (and me).

I pulled our umbrella's and left some board lines in the water while the party ate a hearty meal. As luck would have it, we boated two C/R fish during lunch.

I racked rods and we headed home. Everyone excited and happy.

Thanks to everyone who feeds me information (Mark is not the only one). I certainly hope I give out as much info as I receive. It is appreciated by John and me.

5th (Marty)