View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Guy View Post
Mark,

About how much does the 2660 weigh? - A really heavy boat, you'll like having the diesel a lot in my opinion.

Where are you towing? - Long distances, you'll like the diesel. Up hills and mountains (if you leave MD essentially), you'll really like it. I towed a 26ft boat for work a while back with a chevy PU with 454 and it towed nice, but used a lot of gas.

Also, I think a tow vehicle with a diesel will hold it's value more. Also make sure you get appropriate suspension and transmission, not just the motor. If you don't plan to do anything other than tow, why wouldn't you get a diesel?
Hopefully Martin knows for sure, I'm thinking about 9000 lbs but not sure. We will be towing mainly to OC, CBBT and NC, cant imagine going anywhere else. As far as value we are buying a beater anyway so we'll drive it till it dies...we are both leaning toward diesel, but we can get a newer truck with less miles obviously with going gas....

Thanks!

Marty, saw your response, thanks for the help didn't see any website keith put up, where?