Thread: zero to hero
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 10:23 PM

Default zero to hero

No lie. This has been the WORST start to fishing I have ever had in years. Four Trophy trips netted zero keepers in the box (or released). We did manage a few under <35 but that doesn't count
I couldn't wait until May 16th for the size change. Went out thursday with high expectations. Myself and 5 other boats, skunked

Finally had word where the fish were located and made the long run today. It paid off We had our 6 in the box in less that an hour. What a change
Fish ranged fro 22-31 inches.

On our run back to the barn, I ran shallow water looking for working birds and breaking fish. You heard me right, we have caught fish breaking during spring trophy season. I've never seen breaking fish this early in the season. They were not trophy's but lots of fun catching on light tackle.

My hope was to find them again, now that they were legal.

We found them
Breaking fish 20-26 inches. Topwater worked as well as BKD's. We had a ball releasing fish for over an hour.

I've been hesitant to even ask other anglers to go with me, because my success rate (zero) was so dismal. I needed a day like today just to JUSTIFY my fuel costs from 2019

I'll try to post a couple of photo's from my phone. Bear with me, I hope I'm successful.
5th