View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmp8254 View Post
Check out Zenni.com, they are great prescription glasses to have as backups (boat, truck, downstairs/upstairs). I typically only wear glasses around the house, but I buy them on Zenni for less than $10 a pair.
Thanks; I'll check them out. One thing I found out about getting new glasses, it's like buying a new car. They try to hit you with all kinds of "options".

Do you want anti-glare coating? Sure. How about both sides? What do you mean both sides? Don't you automatically coat both sides?

Or, There's three different types of progressive lenses. Would you like this option, where the sides aren't too clear? Or, this option where the sides are clearer. Or, this final most costly option where there is no distortion at the sides.
Uhm; I think I would like the option where I can actually see out of my glasses.

WTF is that all about. Have we as a country actually come to the point where "chitty" is acceptable. They might as well say, "Would you like "piss poor", "less piss poor", or "quality"?

When did we start accepting "half assed" as an option? I guess we should all run out and buy stock in "Harbor Freight". Poor quality is becoming the norm, you have to pay EXTRA for what used to be "standard".

Sorry for the rant
5th