View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 03:47 PM

Done
Works like new.

I also had to take three jigging rods for new tips today. We launched Lou's boat out of CB and I have been under the bridge 50 times (always careful not to have rods in rocket launcher. Because I was on his boat, I guess the routine was broken, and I out my jigging rods up top to keep his trolling rods down.

Well. you guessed it; wacka, wacka, wacka; as we went under the bridge. The rods were being bent over about 2/3 of the way up The "blanks" were ok (a little shaved) but the tips were destroyed

I could have gone to my local tackle shop for tips, but I don'r think he carries the variety that a custom rod builder does. Besides, I wanted him to look at the blanks and give me some idea of the integrity.

Long story short; I went to Shore Tackle on Kent Island. Joe actually designed on of the rods (Bill Judge sell them at open house) and I thought he should see what a "senior moment" could do to one of his rods.

He fixed me up, and while I'm not "good as new"; they should be ok for a troller to jig with

5th