View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Greg, I am also looking to upgrade my truck. Chevy 1500 4X4 5.3L. I know what you mean about needing / wanting more truck. I Beefed up the brakes in the truck and added disk brakes to every axel on the triple axel trailer. I also added add a leaf to the rear to increase the ride height and level out the trailer to spread the weight evenly across all the axels. In addition I increase the trailer hitch to a big ass ultra hitch. I have no problems pulling the CC roughly 10,000lbs I have to be extremely aware and take my time when towing. The extra breaks and add on’s help a lot. I have no problems on flat ground Sandy point, Chesapeake beach and Solomon’s island. Last year went to Breezy Point and the hills leading to the area were hard on the little 5.3 and transmission. I want to take the boat to ocean city this year 2010 but I doubt I will attempt without a bigger truck. Glad my fishing buddies have diesel trucks.

I had the transmission serviced recently the shop said everything looked great and the fluid was in good shape 120,000. The 1500 does the job but I would like a bigger truck in a year or so. I feel your pain. Looking at Chevy 2500 HD gas

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 12-11-2009 at 10:40 AM.