View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 05:31 PM

Default Last couple of weeks

Last several weeks have been very hit or miss as far as a good bite goes. Seems to be very current dependent and the larger fish seem to only be feeding in shorter windows. Lots of pods of shorts in the bay so I am hopeful for the future. I am not sure if it was due to the full moon but the afternoon/evening bite has been better as a general rule.

I have been fishing both north and south of the bridge mostly hitting the mouths of the rivers, even going in the rivers looking for a bite.

One trip we got all our keepers in the first 45 minutes of fishing then couldnt buy a keeper the rest of the trip after the current changed. Another trip, I ran all over catching shorts but squeezed out a couple keepers along the way only to find out my neighbor nailed them that evening in the same places I fished under birds saying it was an easy bite. A family trip gave us a nice evening bite on top water in the middle of the bay.

Last Saturday I had my worst trip of the regular season only catching dinks throughout the day. I was hoping to find a hot bite due to being in a tournament and went against my rule of "do not chase rainbows". By that I mean I kept running to other peoples bites rather than sticking to my plan and grinding out fish while waiting for a bite in an area I knew was holding fish..

Today I did some running around but ultimately we found a good bite. Most stops yielded small fish with a couple to around 22". However we did find a steady bite on jigs and caught a nice limit to 34". Most were mid 20's but there were some larger. Hot bite didnt last too long due to crowds but we still had a steady pick for a bit and released some really nice keeper-sized fish.

Family trip.. Most fish on top water:

Open bay fish around humps and bumps north of the bridge

Morning river-caught fish

Kids caught a couple of keepers among a bunch of shorts

Had a good bite today with fish to 34"

Last edited by B-Faithful; 11-10-2017 at 02:15 PM.