View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:18 PM

Default Dangerous sidewall blowout at speed

Last night, Rob Christy (fishnut) was going to give a seminar at the Pasadena Sportfishing Group. The topic was "the life of a rockfish". I saw a post on TF that Walleye Pete was going to attend and I wanted to speak to him personally about his motor and how Honda treated him. So off I raced down 695 South to Rt 10. I exited Rt 10 and continued down Ritchie Hyway at breakneck speed. Thank heaven all went well

Once I was in the Early Heights Firehouse, I was walking down the aisle to get a seat at the front table occupied by Rob, his dad Bob, Walleye Pete, and Captain Charlie Schneider. I was probably doing a good 3.0 mph (I was in a real hurry) when I felt the sole seperate from the sidewall. I looked down and found a gapping hole in my shoe

Now I realize I strung you along to this point, but this is more serious than you might imagine. I only have three pair of shoes. My Keen sandals that I wear all spring, summer, and fall; my "duck boots" that I wear on the boat during cold weather; and these Timberlake loafers I wear for "special" occassions (Fishing meeting, resturants, church). So you can see how important they are to my social life.

They lasted a long time, so I'm not complaining about the wear; but I need another pair of "nice" shoes to replace them. Any suggestions? What are you wearing? They have to do double duty on the boat as well. No scuff marks allowed

Below is a pic of the terrible accident that happened as I headed down the aisle. Good thing I had the "traction control" on when this happened. I almost swerved across the aisle, into the opposite table, and spilling the beer I was carrying

I limped home on one good shoe I need a new pair before Sunday. The wife will frown on me wearing my Keens to church.

5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shoe.jpg (17.6 KB, 16 views)