View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 AM

Angry A Post on the Alewife Situation in Maryland's Fisheries

---UNFORTNUALY THE RESULTS ARE FELT IN MARYLAND----We are a Nursery State For ALL the East Coast--We RAISE , Striped Bass, Bluefish, G & Speckled Trout , Flounder, & the fish in question , Alewies---

---Blues & Alewies Hatch in Ocean & come into upper Bay waters to Semi-Mature --E. G.--Peanut Bunker & Pocket Rocket Blues --Its OK for us to grow Em Till they leave at First Frost ---BUT< BUT,

--The Reduction Fleet BELOW IN VA. Intercepts The MATURE ALEWIES & then we ( Fishermen & Preadator Fish ) DO NOT have the Mature Alewies to feed our Needs ---
--Large Blues (Gorrillas)--16--24 Pounds Stay below where Food Is Plentiful --Grey Trout ( Tiderunners)up to 16 Pounds No longer Come North with the Spring Rockfish Migration --Same Reason --Door Mat Flounder no longer enter into that Migration --Same Reason --

--The Mature Alewies Are Filter Feeders , --we have NONE--Oysters are Filter feeders --we have few or NONE,---Alewies ? --Strong STATE & FEDERAL LOBBY --Headed by ________some of ya like me know who this --_____________ IS !!!!Reedsville Needs the local Income , Va. Needs the TAX base--Is it fair to Believe this will Change --HELL NO!!!!--BUT if the Early Spring Migration North of the Mature Fish was Allowed by a Season's ASMFC DATE Change on the Netting Fleet , we then WOULD get a Fair Share up North --I'm Sure the ASMFC " Suits " are aware of this ---But the Intestinal Foritude is Lacking & the ole "You scrach my back & i'll Scratch Yours" VOTE mentality is at its Formost of thier thoughts --The hell with Maryland's Fisheries wants & needs & 3 Decades of Requests on this SAME SUBJECT !!!!---

--As to the OYSTER FILTER filtering situation --We , Listned to the DOO GOODERS & TREEHUGGERS & closed the Restoration of Shells Projects on Maryland Bottoms ---WASTE OF MONEY it was Cried from the rooftops ---B S --If a oyster Spat dosen't Start , So Be It it ,You have provided a New HARD BOTTOM for Pan Fish , Flounder, Rockfish, Trout ,Black Sea Bass, Oyster Toads, Lizzard fish etc. to Live & Feed --the "BLUE RIDGE MOUNTIAN" Sized oyster shell accumulation in Crisfield Is a Shamefull Example of "State wasted Money" save em but never use um --We don't have PLASTIC BOTTLE Mountains in Md. --Why Oystershells ?---
---So what is Our East Coast Classic Answer , Ignore it it will go away--A meeting once in a while---A few Bucks for another Study ---Let Maryland Fisheries Continue to Stew in thier own Silt laden World ---Provided At No Charge by Penna.--
--In Closing --

--No Mature Bait fron the South --Plenty of Pollution & Silt From the North --We are a Forgiveing bunch Huh?---Wait till the Spring Hearings before the ASMFC -It will be get on your Knees & Pray for a Few of THIER FISH ---geo.