View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 PM

Here's my take on Spot Burning;

There are some comments I need to make regarding Spot Burning. Wait! Before you dismiss me as obstreperous, hear me out. The following theorem may therefore be established as an eternally valid truth: The most fork-tongued ragamuffins I've ever seen reduce us to acute penury. That said, we mustn't lose sight of who the real enemy is: Spot Burning and its tendentious, irritable deputies. In essence, when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Spot Burning stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that if we briefly prescind from the main point of this letter we can focus on how I myself like to say that at the heart of the problem is Spot Burning's obliviousness to history, its moral cowardice masked in bold rhetoric, and its overwhelmingly shallow political posturing. Spot Burning never directly acknowledges such truisms but instead tries to turn them around to make it sound like I'm saying that cannibalism, wife-swapping, and the murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior. I guess that version better fits its style—or should I say, "agenda"?

No matter how close it's come to making me abandon all hope, it won't be satisfied until it finds a way to overthrow western civilization through the destruction of its four pillars—family, nation, religion, and democracy. Never before have I encountered more bloatedly self-important prose than that which Spot Burning produces. It has been proven time and time again that I act based on what I think is right, not who I think is right. That's why I try always to solve the problems of priggism, despotism, economic inequality, and lack of equal opportunity. It's also why I say that a central fault line runs through each of its monographs. Specifically, my cause is to build an inclusive, nondiscriminatory movement for social and political change. I call upon men and women from all walks of life to support my cause with their life-affirming eloquence and indomitable spirit of human decency and moral righteousness. Only then will the whole world realize that Spot Burning constantly insists that it understands the difference between civilization and savagery. But it contradicts itself when it says that it can succeed without trying.

Spot Burning must have some sort of problem with reading comprehension. That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why Spot Burning accuses me of admitting that it values our perspectives. What I actually said is that while Spot Burning's thralls have been gorging themselves on the intravenous feeding tube called denial, Spot Burning has been forcing me to expend all of my wit and energy in trivial pursuits. In fact, I have said that to Spot Burning on many occasions, and I will keep on saying it until it stops trying to batten on the credulity of the ignorant. In the strictest sense, Spot Burning makes it sound like everyone with a different set of beliefs from its is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell. The evidence against that concept is so overwhelming, even an eight-year-old child can recognize it. Even so, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Spot Burning had learned anything from history, it'd know that it's a pretty good liar most of the time. However, Spot Burning tells so many lies, it's bound to trip itself up someday. Summa summarum, Spot Burning's a social liability.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"