Thread: Really?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleBiology View Post
Anti-your fishing method? You really believe that? A good angler will adapt to the most productive methods of fishing, 3/4 of the time I have a jigging rod in my hand and when the fish are spread out over vast distances I troll. I have no problems sharing info I just assumed I was inferior to the elders of the board. I've been fishing the area just south of the little choptank working the breaking fish and birds and the fishing has been wonderful. A moron can get it right when the birds tell them where to go.

As far as the debate about fishing regulations, I have no say, therefore I just fish. If I'm allowed to fish I will.
Yes, I really believe that. And unless you were under a rock, or not here at all for the debates that ran wild through these boards, you would know I was right. As soon as DNR proposed regulations (and yes 5thTuition they were targeted at trolling) the trollers quickly turned on the jiggers and light tackle guys. Many names I see regularly on this board were very quick to start pointing fingers and throwing light tackle guys under the bus. Many so called proponents of no regulation were stating things like "Jiggers handle way more fish than any troller" "Fly fishermen fight fish way longer and therefore put more stress on the fish" "a good jigger can put 100 fish in the boat in a day whereas a good troller can put 20"

all of those statements were made over and over again by people on this board. People that left Tidalfish becuase their little feelings got hurt. And there began the great divide among fishing methods.

So, yes, I believe that. And I have rarely trolled, but if regulations were put in against my method of fishing, I would not act like a spurned 5 year old and say "well that's not fair, they need to be punished too"

PS Yes, you do have a say. Show up at the meetings. I was at every single one last year. Was my voice heard, not sure. I spoke at many of them, but stopped as soon as infighting began among fishermen

PPS I fish the same area as you and yes the fishing has been more than adequate

Last edited by JigStix; 10-07-2010 at 09:28 PM.