View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Reds; I don't belong to MSSA anymore, dropped my membership over their support for PSCR. HOWEVER, it appears that this is how things get done now. Look at the Government, Cram legislature down peoples throats when they don't want it (whether it's national govt like healthcare, or local govt over zoning issues); wait for the dark of night to pass legislation, or wait for a lame duck congress full of people voted out in the next legislature to vote before leaving.

NONE OF THIS IS RIGHT.

It is a reflection of where our society is heading. Nothing is "transparent" anymore. The few rule the majority.
I'm not supporting the illegal netters by any means. I'm not even saying that I'm against reallocation. All I'm saying is I can see why you have a problem with the proceedures that have taken place. I didn't like the way PSCR went down, and I can see why you don't like the way this is shaping up.

It seems that we, as American's are bending over more and more and grabing our ankles and letting the Government have there way with us.
5th (Marty)

p.s. I am a rec angler that would love to see more rockfish in the bay available for all user groups. Netting has really left a bad taste in my mouth, especially this year in light of all the publicity. With the new assesment being done in 2011, I believe we all will suffer hits in 2012.
Quoted and put in bold because it's the absolute damned truth.