Thread: Brandon
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 09:56 AM

Just to be very clear, are all the people that will be making these decisions are "Elected" by the citizens?

If so, the ONLY thing they care about is where their reelection money will come from and actually getting reelected.

If they do not fish (and I don't mean going out on a chartered boat once in a while with Capt. Buddy) then they don't give a rats ass about the subject because it won't effect them. They will do what it takes to stay in office.

If you propose the common sense answer you will lose, just look at the Health care Bill we have been debating for the last year. Our "Elected Officials" want to upset 85% of Americans to please 15%. Trust me it's not because "they care" or they want to do "what's right", it's for votes and to make us dependent on them which give them "control" over us.

The commercial fisherman have been in bed with the politicians for so long there in no room for the rec anglers even though that where and how the money is poured into the state via gas, tackle, license, hotels, etc....

What is the answer? Hard facts about how commercial fishing, rec CR and CK, tactics, circle hooks, stinger hooks, trolling, Flats fishing, number of rods per angler / boat etc...and how it effect the stripers. You may not like the answers you find out.

Then if the vote goes against the facts that help the fish population, then you have something to point to and say, You dumb a$$es had the facts and you chose to ignore them therefore YOU are the ones that hurt the fish population not the anglers.

If some of these people are appointed, then vote out the one that appointed them, all the way back up to O'Mally!

But then again, when has the government ever done what makes sense?

Most of you are much more in tune with who is involved in twisting the arms of those that will be making the final decisions. I may have this all wrong, if so , sorry I wasted your time.

Triton 240 LTS, 250 Verado
Upper, Upper Bay
Light tackle

Last edited by 240 LTS; 11-15-2009 at 08:43 PM.