View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 09:01 AM

I'm glad he finally posted what he was getting. I could give a rats ass what Brandon selected and why. Everyone of us has to make a decission on what boat we are getting based on lots of criteria.
We look at different options and try to balance the pluses and minus' of each boat and how we intend to use it. Eventually, we pick a boat that is the best compromise betweem different types of fishing ( ex. best ride in a chop versus a stable platform a rest).
So what does Brandon do; he buys two boats. One boat for one type of fishing, and another for a different type.
More power to him, I'm glad he's spending some of that trust fund money. I'm really glad it's being spent to support a local builder.
But why was everyone on TF so excited to find out Brandon's decission? It has no effect on me.
I have a close friend that owns a 48' Ocean Yacht. It's a beautiful boat. It is his dream boat, and he is so excited every time he steps foot on board. However, I wouldn't swap him my 22' walkaround (unless he would allow me to sell his Ocean for cash). We use the boats for different things and fish them differently.
Best of luck to Brandon and his new ride's, I wish him nothing but success and joy on either boat.

Personally, I think Brandon should have bought Capt. George's "Stormy Petral" and outfitted it with nets. That's the only way we are going to be able to catch fish in the near future (and most of them will be sick).

5th (Marty)