Thread: Bloody 5/9
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:37 AM

Mike; the last couple of days have been excellent. We are fishing further south (between Ches. Beach and Breezy). Deep water has been most productive, but 40 ft of water produces a few as well. Seeing more bait as the season go forward
We have picked up a couple throwbacks, and some 30 in fish in the mix. My most productive tandems have been back 8 and 7 bars. Yesterday, with no winds and sunny skies, we had bait flipping on the surface I shortened some lines to 4 and 5 bars and they were very productive
Some days, we are done by 10:30 but we have to keep fishing because it's too early for Capt John to cook lunch on the boat After lunch, I bring in the rods slowly and wrap them up. The customers asked me if we ever catch a fish while bringing in the rods (22 total). I told them it happens often. I got down to the last rod, closest to the board. I reached up and felt the fish take the lure I yelled "fish on" and the party laughed They thought I was pulling their leg with only one rod in the water.
My next words were, "Someone grab this _______ rod"
Another nice fish was caught and released to spawn another day
5th (Marty)