View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakesdad View Post
I couldn't justify spending that kinda of coin on a Judge, but I wish you well in your attempt.

Anything over 100K probably should have GW, Contender, Regulator, etc... on the stern.
You gotta be kidding right?

Anyone of those boats in the 36' class is 300k or better and outboard powered.. (heck, an open-boat regulator 34 center console with twin outboards is mid 200k range and cabin boats cost a lot more to build!). Plus the resale is terrible on most of them! Look at the 36' Grady for example.. Brand new well over 300k and probably closer to 400k with all the options and a year or two later and they are worth at least 100 grand less. Contenders even are worse in resale..

Construction-wise, I will put Judge up against any you mention. Afterall a couple of boats from one of the brands have mentioned have been in the Judge shop for deck, stringer, and transom replacements this year alone..

Yes, Judge doesnt build 500+ boats a year like some the mass production builders or has full page ads in fishing magazines.. If that is whay you like, got get 'em! Just remember you will be competing with a bunch of other same models on the market when you go to resell.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-27-2017 at 01:18 PM.