View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinsfishin View Post
They make them, Motorola, Sony, Sanyo and others......waterproof, shockproof, drop-proof, etc.
I was talking with a USCG officer a few days ago and he had a new one....small, compact, rubberized, nice screen and lots of features.....pretty cool.
The problem is they are expensive compared to a normal cellphone.

Try setting your wet phone on a heat vent overnite....should dry it out.....air conditioning will also remove the moisture during the summer season.
Use a hair dryer.

I have a lot of experience with waterproof cell phones. None of them float. I've tried them all and the best one is the Motorola GZone, original version. They don't make them anymore, but they show up new or almost new on Ebay from time to time. I'm using one now and have three in reserve. They're the Hummer of cell phones. Big and bulky but extremely durable. I dropped mine in the water at the ramp once. Didn't realize it until I got home, waited for my wife for another hour, then we drove to the ramp. Shined her car lights in the water and couldn't find it, so I called it. It lit up 3 feet deep in 40 degree water. Rolled up my pants, waded out and got it and used it for another six months when I dropped it in the channel. Bought the newer version and it lasted 3 months. Gotta get the original.

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"