View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:10 PM

Got the new trolling motor for it. The old one wasn't hurt in the sinking, but the insides of the foot pedal were seriously corroded and the speed knob was broken. I'll probably rebuild it over the summer but I want the boat ready for spring bassin' so I sprung for a 50lb Minn-kota which is more than enough for the boat.

Picked out new seats, and I'm looking for a marine upholsterer to fix the originals. Cajun was bought out by another company in the mid 90's and Cajun labeled OEM parts are non existent.

She started up easily today even after sitting for a few months. It settled into a rough idle and I know that's my fault for not running it periodically during its downtime. Hopefully some fresh gas, Startron and a good workout is all that's needed and not 3 carbs rebuilt. I'm still amazed that the starting battery works after being submerged in salwater and then not charged for 4.5 months. Had enough power to start the motor and then raise the motor so I could trailer it. It won't take a charge from my charger though; I keep getting different fault errors. Oh well....