Thread: No slot 2016?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 06:26 PM

Bring back the slot limit!! Yes I released a ton of slot fish and it made me feel good to do so. We are protecting the breeding stock and what's the problem with that. Granted I am just returning from fishing many years offshore, the striper slot limit is nothing compared to what the bluefin tuna fishery has gone through. When targeting them you had to check regulations daily as the Feds could change the regs daily. So what, I've done charters offshore for years and the people that booked months in advance understood that once they showed up in the morning the fishery was either closed or slot limits had changed. I can't understand why a bay charter captain or recreational fisherman wouldn't agree with regulations that would possibly sustain a species that is their bread and butter for the future. If someone could explain this to me rationally I would love to hear it. Could just be me but don't understand the mentality. Sure beats another moratorium. If they want to reduce mortality go after the factory ships that are sucking up all the bait they eat instead of worrying about what you can and cannot keep and kill! No bait no fish!