View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 01:00 PM

Water on Western side of the Bay from 7' Knoll to Baltimore light was a heck of a lot better in the main stem....

There were little to no debris, on the surface, at all, near the channel edges and/or within a mile or more of either side...Most of the debris we saw was bunch up on ledges or in shallow areas.

The size of the debris is also declining...There were a few larger objects out there, however, most of the wood/branches were well under 2 to 3 foot....

The water seems to be clearing up, although it still retains its ugly color...seems like the turbid conditions are starting to settle on the bottom, still keeping overall vision into the depth low.

Have not had much luck with perch or stripers the two times I was out this week...One nice stiper on Tuesday, however, the Channel Cats have been out in full force and are a heck of a lot of fun to catch up light tackle...

I expect another couple of days of good tide and wind and most of the debris in my area will be out of the way...Water clarity will be a least a few more weeks...Still catching though....

If any of you make it out, keep us up to date on what you see, be safe, and catch lots !