Thread: striper kill
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 09:17 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Mikie - Not to be smart but MSSA has trouble getting volunteers to man the booths at flea markets - some how doubt they could find the $$$$ for nets plus labor to put them out there.

Same for CCA - plus would not be worth the risk , media would have a field day - IMHO. Heard a rumor there will be arrests made - hope it is true that DNR found the poachers.

My take on it - the poachers were forced to abandon the illegal nets when all the DNR officers were on the water in winter. When the gill net season opened last few days of February - it was way too windy for the poachers to try to get them while blending in with legal netters.

Gibby later asked for amnesty period for illegal netters but was turned down. Kinda a last ditch effort.

Guess at that point - the poachers wrote the nets off - knowing DNR and others were watching.

Wish DNR would offer a reward for net locations - no questions asked - to get these things out of the water.
Don't think for a minute that a CCA or MSSA member wouldn't do it. Who says it has to be sanctioned by the officers. I have first hand knowledge of CCA members trying to break up marriages over fishery matters.

You presume to much of what Gibby Dean was thinking. Even to the point of addressing him by his first name. Is that to give the impression you know him? I'm betting he doesn't know you.

Don't presume DNR was on the water much this winter, just not true.

Last edited by reds; 05-04-2011 at 09:25 PM.