Thread: striper kill
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
And you know this because???

Calvert Cliff Nuclear plant kills more fish in one year then recs and commercial fisherman do in 5 years. Ban all water cooled electric generating plants. ..........................Just a matter of perception.
Do you have the entrainment studies done on that site? Entrainment does occur. The last time I looked the striped bass weren't at the top of the list in the late 90’s. There life cycle dosen't place them in that area generally during the time they are most vulnerable. Now this varies from site to site. Thus the need for the specific site survey.

The surveys are done and on record. Now with the change in security they might not be releasing data to the public on nuclear facilities.

I just happened to do my senior thesis on topics similar to this using blue crabs as a model species. My class mate cribbed a lot of my literature research since he was looking at striped bass.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 05-05-2011 at 02:58 PM.