View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
Reds, I will keep you in suspense in regards to who sent the email because I have no obligation to share it with you and think it is more fun to not do so... Lets just say it is from a person with the term "Manager" in their title at SHA. I will gladly share the email with anyone who has or is interested in purchasing a 27 Chesapeake. (the 27cc is 102")..

Anyhow, I will help spell things out clearly

definition of Exclusive is omitting from consideration or account.

Law states:

Law also states:

here is the math:

3"+3"=6"

8'6"+6"= 9'

9'>8'10"

> is the "greater than" sign

Being that the law states:

Dont let short term memory get to you as it is exclusive of safety devices or even other factory bolt-on items through this example in the law

Therefore, since 8'6"+6"= 9', 9'>8'10", and the Judge 27 Chesapeake has a stated 8'10" beam that includes its safety bumper, the boat is legally trailerable on Maryland roadways, with the exception of where posted otherwise.

Between the email and the law.... I would love to be stopped and challenged.
Next time you want information on laws, talk to somebody who enforces them. Not some women office manager that you tell half truths to, so she tells you what you want to hear.

Per Maryland DOT State Police.

The maximum width of a vehicle or trailer is 8'6" on dual highways with out a permit, period.

The exception, for extra width, you are claiming as a safety feature(rub rails), applies to the vehicle, not the cargo. The cargo in this case, is the boat.