View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Guess you can tell; it's the first day of winter
5th
The shortest day of the year at least.......that would suck if the shortest day were in the summer.

I agree with most of what you said but I'll take it a bit further and harp on personal accountability a bit. We should all consider, when possible, reducing fertilizers on our lawns, pesticides around our properties and avoid cutting down trees without some thought to reforestation. Water runoff might seem like it would have minimal impact from a small residential property, but it's the aggregate total of ALL properties that causes problems. Huge amounts of heated summer rainwater cause nasty algae blooms. Large volumes of runoff stir up sediment. Plants and trees slow the runoff.

I love that my old community of Cape St Claire is very friendly to these issues, but one of the biggest hurdles there is the 80 stall paved parking lot on a semi steep hill that leads down to the boat ramp. After a solid summer rain storm you can see the steaming water pouring into Deep Creek. Ugh. Last I heard they were looking into a special drainage system across the lot to divert the water over rocks in a culvert adjacent to the paring lot. Hopefully that project happens.