Thread: 4-9-11
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Reds; this is not a dig at you, but at DNR. What a way to manage fish, by photo's on an internet site.
If that's the best information they have, God help the rockfish population.
5th (Marty)
The one thing you guys keep forgetting is the politics involved with the ASMFC.
Fisherman were bitching all the way up the coat to Maine about the pictures and the blood.

DNR has to appease the ASMFC to keep what they have. The word came down to do something about the supposed catch and release, when it appeared fish were being hurt.

For every guy out there that knows how to catch a fish and release it unharmed, there are 100 that don't have a clue.

[Quote Skip If a few PSCR photos was really the cause of the 6 rod limit - then the photos of the 4-5 TONS of dead Rock found in the gill nets this winter should cause gill netting to be stopped.

It was all politics - dirty politics at that. [/Quote]

Welcome to the real world.

I don't believe you want to admit you had a part in the pre season cut back but you did. I'm sure Brandy gave you an atta-boy for the post at the time.

I would stop worrying about the gill nets and start worrying about the rock you won't be able to catch next year after the states north of Maryland get finished this fall and winter. They are worrying about themselves and could care less about Maryland's rec fishermen and are about to try and drop the hammer on us.