View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 01:21 PM

I can offer some intel that will hopefully help with finding the fish. We trailered to PLO state park last sunday. Turned out to be wetter and rougher than hoped for, but the fish are there under birds. I have heard the bite is better bit north, so if Buzz's is an option that is where I would put in (I was worried about being able to get my 29 on and off there so pulled a bit farther south). We only brought jigging rods and had a slow and steady pick. 7 inch plastics (white / pear/ / glitter) fared best as did big poppers. Had a number of fish completely launch themselves out of the water on the plugs. Jigging on the bottom did not produce as well as working the baits erratically through the water column. We didn't get the size we were hoping for, with the biggest being 26-27, but easily got a three man limit and then some. Talked to some guys at the ramp who jigged in the trolling fleet between 66 and 68 in 60 ft and they got some overs. We avoided jigging there as the boats were circling very tightly. Wish I could pull down there again but am out of town for the next few weekends. Good luck if you go.