View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 06:47 PM

Default Fishing Aboard the Patent Pending 3-15-2012 (Take Two)

Another fantastic day to be on the water, and I was fortunate enough to share some fishing time with another crew of good people.

Today's crew was Marty (5th), Mike (Garlien), Rob (Fish Nut), Charlie from the charter boat "Big Will" and Oscar, a Deale native who makes some great looking lures. And of course PP's captain John.

We left Deale around 8:30am and headed southeast'ish. Worked an area close to yesterday's trip, somewhere between Tilghman Island and Chesapeake Beach.

Bait had moved a little higher up from yesterday and in some places a LOT higher up. Saw some birds, but nothing really spectacular. By 10:30 we had two nice fish in the boat.Mike caught a fat one and then Charlie landed a MONSTER. I caught a nice fish in the low 30's, then things got quiet for a bit. I think we ended up closer to the Choptank when the next two fish hit. Rob pulled in a nice one, then a few minutes later a real pig started screaming some line off. John took the rod and fought her in.....ended up right at 40 inches I think.

Summary: 5 nice fish boated, a few missed fish, and a hell of a nice day to be out. All fish caught off of boat rods.

(Identity of one angler hidden for personal security )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rockfish charlie 3-15-2012.jpg (37.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg rockfish john 3-15-2012.jpg (36.3 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Spot77; 03-15-2012 at 07:16 PM.