View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
Gotta wonder whether MSSA and CCA knew about the 3 rod trick DNR tried to pull off a few years ago.

Every SF Commission meeting I have ever been to the members are always given a sheet with the general assembly bills pertaining to rec fishing.
I don't think a MSSA representative showed up to the SFAC meetings regularly. I think that is why they lost their seat for a while. I would be curious to see when all that went down who was (or was not) in attendance at that SFAC meeting..

I dont think CCA cares if a rod restriction was put on those fishing the bay. They tend to have mostly a light tackle and fly fishing constituency.

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyone see the ads for the CBSFA tournament that is following the MSSA format. I guess someone saw dollar signs and put together a new "fishing club" with no board or oversight as a cash grab.

While I often dont like new unnecessary regulations, I would like to see DNR impose two things: 1. require proof of insurance to run charters to protect passengers (provide insurance certificate at the time you get the charter boat license, not FGR or TFL). 2. Proof of event/organization insurance to host a tournament, especially if there are prizes over a certain value. (wouldnt impact small club tournaments)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-09-2018 at 05:58 PM.