Thread: Ramps...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
I try not to use the community ramp unless SPSP is crowded in the summer. I have no problem towing through the community but the ramp is short and the finger pier doesn't parallel the ramp well so I need help. I can use the ramp with my son as he will power the boat onto the trailer while I hook the boat and pull to level ground. Launching is no problem unless it is a low tide. Very Low tides kill me because the ramp is so short I cannot get my bunks below the water without risking the trailer dropping off the back of the ramp. Most low tides are fine though. I just need one person to help generally.

The ramp is also more of a run to the fishing grounds. I would just rather launch at SPSP
I hear ya. Fortunately with my little bass boat I can launch ther even when the wind has blown all the water out of the creek AND it's low tide. Since I never venture much out of the river it works well for me. The furthest I've gone out was a little past the lighthouse and that was only twice; once to jig around the lighthouse and the other time to rescue my stranded neighbor in the middle of the night.

Getting back on the trailer is a breeze too. Dunk the trailer a little and drive the boat right on. Hop on the trailer tongue and never get my feet wet.