View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 PM

No; I never bought a boat at the boat show. The location doesn't seem "personal" enough to me. I'd rather sit one on one with the dealer in a less distracting place. As far as pricing, I can't believe that "show prices" can't be had at a later date. I would probably meet the dealer at the show, introduce myself, perhaps arrange a sea trial date, and do the dickering at his office.

If I hit the lottery tomorrow; I'd probably contact Bill Judge to build me a Judge 36 custom boat. I know it's not trailerable, but with the lottery money, I'd have several slips located down the bay (Magothy River, Chesapeake Beach, and Buzz's near Point No Point). I would slip her wherever the best fishing was at the moment. Fuel prices wouldn't be a factor either, and all my buddies would be invited to fish for free.

Damn; if I hit the lottery, I wonder what the wife would want.

Perhaps this could be a new reality show. The producers could give me one million dollars and follow me around for a year to see how I spend it and how it changes my life. I'd be willing to give it a try.

p.s. I hope this darn head cold goes away soon. I have too much time on my hands posting on CBA.
5th (Marty)