Thread: Rainy Day
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 07:33 AM

Default Rainy Day

Needed to move the boat from AMR back to Lucky Jays marina following a tournament on Saturday so why not make a trip out of it. Did not place in tournament, caught quanity not quality!
Got a crew together and left AMR around 0700 and was greeted by heavy drizzle and some fog. Trolled the same area of the patapsco that marty and I have been having success at and no love but one under. Saw boats and birds up the Brewerton and trolled up and again nada! Trolled area for awhile and got a 22” when we saw birds working the shallows of Miller’s island and we jigged them but only a couple dinks and another 22” cookie cutter fish. Stuck it out for about an hour with nothing more to show. We decided to head for the barn and while crossing the bay, right out in front on AMR I come accross a large area of boiling fish huge swirls but not one bird or boat in site, very strange! Pulled back on throttles to jig and before the boat even stopped drifting off of plane one of the crew is hooked up with a big one that after taking him for a walk around the boat a couple times came aboard and was just under 30” and in the mean time another crew member hooked up and lands a 28”. Kept at it for a hour or so catching them with surface plugs and jigs but no more biggies. You gotta love it when your the first on the scene and I guess because of the fog and drizzle the birds couldn’t find them either not drawing a crowd to us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6FE43EC5-556A-43C4-A810-FEEE022FFD86.jpg (16.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg C40A4F6D-2F63-4B80-983F-4B55EC6F2C48.jpg (18.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 4B8617B4-1EE6-48C9-8204-8C929876248F.jpg (15.9 KB, 13 views)