View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Marty - Do not hold me to this but I think if no one catches the Diamond Jim tagged Rock - the $20,000.00 is divided equally among the anglers who caught impostors.

If 10 impostors are caught - it would be $ 2,000.00 each.

$25.00 cash - I won't tell your wife

Best of luck - congrats on getting a tagged one. Rare since we all know released fish die
Skip, the wife already knows about the money split today was like the movie "Weekend at Bernie's".
We had to take the fish down to the DNR Tawes building in Annapolis for them to check out. I had to sign the paperwork documenting how and where it was caught while they cut the tag off the intact frozen fish. When the wife found out about the Tawes Gardens, we walked the 5 acre garden with ponds and flowing creeks;with the frozen fish in tow.
We left DNR and went to Eastport to view the Maritime museum. It is an old oyster packing plant and a great spot for holding a meeting. It told the history of oystering in the Chesapeake. The entrance is free, and it's a good place to check out.
From there, we went to Chesapeake Harbor and ate at Sam's Waterfront Cafe. Jason, Rockin Robin, lives in the community and we saw his boat in a lift slip. We had a great meal and walked the community.
As we left Chesapeake Harbor, I spotted Fawcetts Marine store. I knew they had left there original location next to Ego Alley, but didn't know their new location. Of course we had to stop in and buy a couple things.
I just got home a few minutes ago and put the fish back in the freezer. The wife wants to keep it frozen until September when I can take a photo of the fish and the check
So, Diamond Jim (or his imposter) got a trip around Annapolis today. The wife and I had a good time, him, probably not so much
5th