View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 10:49 AM

Joe; I forgot to mention that you will notice that on most days there will be a "predicted" major and minor tide. I do take note of this. Predicted I guess because of moon phases, but remember, environmental conditions can change these predictions on a daily occurrence.

Check a quality "prediction table" (I use my navionics app on my phone) to see the Major and Minor tides. I simply assume that on a major tide, there will be current moving for a longer period of time. This is what I hope to find.

AND,
If you do have the navionics app, I can pretty much ignore the tide tabes BECAUSE the app also shows current. I go directly to the current predictor.
On my app, the tides are shown by a vertical icon that resembles a thermometer, click on it and you get tide information. Current, is an icon that is an arrow. The arrow is pointing in the direction of the current, and it is filled in to show the strength of the current.
Click in it, and it gives you the current for different time periods throughout the day.

FINALLY,
If you want accurate current information, go to the Chesapeake Bay Interactive Buoy System and view on time information.

Phew, guess I gave you more info than you wanted
5th