View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 07:30 AM

Skip, the aquaculture of spot is going extremely well these days. I Think Keith at All tackle was looking into purchasing spot form the aquaculture company. The price would have to be around a 1.00 – 2.00 a fish to make a profit and account for losses in stock. I already pay 10.00 a dozen for blood worms why waist time catching spot when you invest the 10.00 toward a dozen spot that are raised in aquaculture. Should spot traps be used in the bay by recs or commercials? It all depends on the numbers and the population. These critters grow fast and are pretty good a replenishing themselves. The only concern I have herd so far is that they reach sexual maturity in year 2 or three of there life cycle. I would hope that any captain holding a commercial licenses potting spot for bait or resale would have to report the landing to DNR.

Imposing a daily limit is a feel good regulation at this point. is there a problem with the spot population on the east coast?

Cast nets are legal in Maryland, the specifics on mesh and such is on the DNR web site.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 07-29-2010 at 07:33 AM.